Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mommy Lesson Plans

I forget how much staying at home is like when I taught music in the public school. And, I should know that, because I'm teaching David. Duh! You absolutely get out of it what you put into it. And, the more prepared you are, the better behaved the children are.
Today, so far, we've taken a walk...(well, I walked), then I put Harrison down for a nap. David and I had a snack, we played cars, watched Silly Songs, colored, and now we're listening to Elmo sing and David's ...well, he's tearing up stuff, but he's learning ;-). I bought a kitchen timer, more for me than for David. I put it on 10, 15 minutes. Then, when it goes off, we go do something else. I think it helps alot, because David gets bored, but doesn't realize it. And, ....so do I.
So, I've learned what I've always known. I need to make "lesson plans" for the day. I've been thinking about doing a letter and a theme for the day or week. ....maybe finding books, shows, and foods to go along with it. Send me some encouragement so I'll keep it up. Pictures will come soon, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. yes girl! i heard about this recently from a blog a check. i started doing a letter, number, color, shape, for different days of the week. i try anyway. there's a book out there called the toddler's busy book by kuffner. i haven't looked at it, but sounds really good and i hope to get it soon. sounds like something you and david might like. i have to have a to do list, or i get nothing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tryin! I'm still a bit overwhelmed with two children, a dirty house, and hungry husband.

    ReplyDelete