Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

I stole these questions from another friends blog, and I thought it would be an easy way for me to get started blogging again.

1. Growing up, what was one favorite item that you had to have with you at all times?
I did have a blanket that I carried around until Patrick was born and Mom let me choose another one so i would give it up. (I believe it was in scraps at that time.) But, I think my favorite item was my thumb. Yes, I was a thumb-sucker.

2. Being an adult, what is one favorite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?
My cell phone, because I like having the ability to get in touch with people at any second. If I forget it, it's usually too much trouble to go back and get it unless I'm still sitting in the driveway when I remember. I'm also pretty lost (literally) without my GPS. My sense of direction is horrible.

3. Where is your favorite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?
If I'm being truthful, I think that I "hide away" on the computer, either on facebook, or watching something on hulu. I was going to say the bathtub, but I haven't had a lot of time to do that lately, and then of course, I would need to clean it, which would defeat the purpose.

4. What is your favorite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life.)
I love the way he is with the boys and seeing how much they adore him.

5. What is your favorite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favorite thing that you do during your day?)
My job is taking care of and teaching my children. I am so lucky. I know I complain alot about how tired I am and how I long for adult companionship, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I love watching my children learn something new. I love it when they spontaneously hug or kiss me. I don't love all of the cleaning and stuff that comes with it :-)

6. What is your favorite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, your soul and your mind. And, love your neighbor as yourself."
I will absolutely teach it to my children.

7. What is your favorite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
I can't pick. Maybe, "I Have Confidence" from "The Sound of Music." It's loads of fun to sing in the car at the top of your lungs!

8. What is your favorite thing about being an American? (If you are not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country?)
I think that freedom is the best thing about our country, but I know that I do not appreciate freedom like so many families that have lost loved ones in recent years, or that have given up family members for extended periods of time to serve our country. I am very grateful, though, for those that have fought in the war to make our lives here what they are. (Okay, I stole this answer directly Rhonda's blog, but I liked it.)

9. What is your favorite meal that reminds you of being a child?
Pizza Inn!! Yum!

10. Name 3 things that other people would say are their favorite thing about you.
I don't know. Maybe my friends that read this blog could help me out with this question.

2 comments:

  1. 1) Your spontaneity.
    2) Your sisterly advice and wisdom.
    3) Your ability to connect anything and everything to a song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Your faith
    2. Your BEAUTIFUL voice and musical ability
    3. Your dedication to your children

    ReplyDelete