Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year, and a New Post!!!!

I have a tendency to think that no one wants to hear what I have to say or that everyone already knows the things that I know. I forget that I have figured alot of this stuff out along the way, and that I got my information from other people. So, partly inspired by my cousin's super duper inspiring blog, I want to try and blog about the things that I do. I'll be focusing on organization, parenting, and maybe some cooking. I will not be giving you advice on cleaning :-) Maybe, in the future. But, I do not excel in cleaning right now.

I am terrified and excited to say that John and I have decided that I will be homeschooling David next year in kindergarten. I've been teaching him this year, but this will be the first year that is state mandated. I took some pictures of our "school room." It's really messy right now, so we'll call these the "before" pictures.

I decided a while back that I wanted to get a pocket chart holder. Boy, are those things expensive. I found a deal on this calendar pocket chart online for 6 dollars. So, I set out to look for a pocket chart holder. Later, I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with the clothes hanging rod that I bought for my maternity clothes. It was way too flimsy to hold up more than like one dress. So, I thought it might make a great pocket chart holder if it was shorter. My greatly talented husband agreed to cut the poles shorter for me, and ta da: instant pocket chart! I'm really excited with how it turned out.







This is our craft closet. It used to be organized until we got more stuff for Christmas which I haven't found a home for yet.
















This is our school supply closet. Same thing goes here. It was organized until we got more stuff.
















This is our school table. I kinda wish I had a kidney table, but this works.












Okay, it's time to get the kids up, so that it all for today.

1 comment:

  1. Whoop whoop! Love the blogging. I always like hearing your ideas. I'm excited about your homeschooling too! I think it will be great for him. Awesome idea for your pocket chart holder. Thankfully I inherited a good one in my classroom this year. The one in my old room got on my nerves, but I was to stingy with my $$$ I got to ever replace it.

    ReplyDelete